Sunday, April 12, 2020

What's Up In The Missouri Valley 4/12/2020


Women's Basketball's Senior Trio Featured on SportsCenter's #SeniorNight--godrakebulldogs.com


Pandemic pause just the latest obstacle Evansville coach Todd Lickliter has dealt with--Evansville Courier & Press


Vigo Legends: 1979 Sycamores were phenomenal--Terre Haute Tribune Star
Daily Top 5: Let's go on a time machine for today's Top 5--Terre Haute Tribune Star
2. 1979 Sycamores – ISU’s 1979 Final Four run is almost certainly the biggest sporting moment in Terre Haute’s history, so why wouldn’t I want to experience that? I was 7 at the time of that Final Four, but I didn’t live in Terre Haute and my only recollection was my Dad watching games on TV. I really didn’t start following college basketball in earnest until the 1980s.
We know the games, but what would have been most fun is how this team galvanized the ISU community, the city of Terre Haute, and the state of Indiana. Night-after-night of a full or near-full Hulman Center is obviously something I’ve not experienced myself. I know it was fun for everyone because I’ve spoken with plenty of folks who lived through it.


Melvyn Ebonkoli commits to Missouri State men's basketball--Springfield News-Leader


Sports Column | Todd Hefferman: Muila's mentor saw his potential--The Southern Illinoisan


MY FAVORITE GAMES: Homer Drew honored in return to Valparaiso--NWI Times

No comments:

Post a Comment